Ads

Friday 17 May 2013



Boss: I feel honoured

Sir Alex Ferguson admits he has been overwhelmed by the reaction to the title win and his retirement as he believes the celebrations even eclipse the Treble-winning season of 1999.
The United boss will take charge of the Reds for the last time in Sunday's clash at West Brom and is sure to enjoy the occasion after receiving a fabulous send-off from the supporters.
Following the lifting of the trophy last weekend, the squad embarked on an open-bus parade around Manchester in front of thousands of fans and had another night to remember during Wednesday's Player of the Year awards at Old Trafford.
"It's been an amazing last week," conceded Sir Alex during his final pre-match press conference. "I have been overwhelmed. Sunday was unbelievable and, as for the parade on Monday, I thought '99 could not be beaten. But, this time, seeing all the people on the scaffolding was incredible. I think it was better than '99.
"The memories are all there in 26 years at United. The whole thing. The day I came here was a privilege. The day I leave, I feel honoured."
Sir Alex will embark on a new life away from managing the most famous club in the world but is already seeing his diary fill up.
"I haven't thought about what life will be like," he admitted. "I'm driven to take on other challenges right away. I've got the LMA meeting on Monday and then I'm going to Newmarket for two days on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll go on holiday on 4 June and the Derby's before that on 1 June. I'll have my holidays for a month and then the operation and then the season will start. I'll be alright."

content belongs to http://www.manutd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment