Ads

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Cleverley treasures title

Tom Cleverley expressed his delight at picking up his first Barclays Premier League winner’s medal at the end of a breakthrough season.
The 23-year-old midfielder is one of a clutch of players in the Manchester United squad who are savouring the feeling of winning the title for the first time.
And he could hardly contain his excitement when interviewed by MUTV during the Reds’ triumphant trophy parade through Manchester on Monday night.
"It is one of the best feelings ever; this is what you work for as a player and it feels unbelievable to have the trophy in my hands," he said.
"I have been at the club for a long time now and I know it is all about winning things, so to be part of that is massive for me. I am buzzing."
Cleverley has looked at home in United’s midfield during a campaign in which he also earned international recognition for the first time.
"I have done all right (this season)," he admitted. "I’ve played over 30 games, managed to break into the England team and obviously won my first bit of silverware.
"I am looking to improve next year but, all in all, I am happy."
Cleverley will continue his development next season without the guiding support of two men who have been hugely influential on his career so far.

1 comment: